Wednesday, May 2, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Zombies Don't Cry by Rusty Fischer

Zombies Don't Cry:  A Living Dead Story ~ Book One

Author:  Rusty Fischer
Reading Level:  Ages 12 & Up
Paperback:  300 pages
Publisher:  Medallion Press (May 1, 2011)

In the sleepy town of Barracuda Bay, Maddy Swift leads the life of a fairly typical teenager, but while attending a party one night, Maddy is struck by lightning and awakens to realize she has been reanimated and turned into a zombie.  

While becoming acquainted with her new "lifestyle", Maddy stumbles upon two unexpected undead chaperones, fellow students, Dane and Chloe, who begin to teach her the ways of zombie life, including defending the populace from Zerkers~the bad zombies.  

Together, on Prom Night, the three teens must ultimately defend Barracuda Bay High from an all~out zombie Armageddon.

I love the writing style of author, Rusty Fischer, it is easy to read, often times comical and his main characters are heart~warming to follow.

I loved Maddy and her awakening into the zombie world, where she is unsure of her next move but glad to have her Zombie Guide in case she screws it all up.  I love her honesty and her approach to zombies, from renting B~grade zombie movies to just winging it as she goes along, it was enjoyable to this reader.

I loved that zombies have been given personalities and a can fall in love, get angry, worry...they just cannot cry.  I love the different classes between the zombies, with zombies now being those who have died by a certain circumstance and have found themselves reanimated versus those who have been bitten, such as, zerkers.  It often makes for a comical outlook with some gore thrown in for good measure.

I love zombies and would read anything on them and Zombies Don't Cry is worthy of four out of five stars for its genre.  I was quite impressed with the story, the characters and the new classifications of zombies that Fischer has incorporated.

I'm still out on the whole Guardian/Sentinel aspect of things.  I wish Fischer had given a bit more back story into these two entities as it was their involvement that left the most holes for me.  However, I'd love to read more by Rusty Fischer, he makes zombies good~!!

post signature**  Reviewed by me...as I see it~!!  **

1 comment:

  1. Rusty Fischer is officially my new hero! The story he created is simply phenomenal. Original and so unbelievably fun to read, it's a MUST-HAVE not only for every Zombie fan out there, but for anyone who loves great YA paranormal/horror books with amazing sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo