Thursday, May 31, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: Cadbury Dairy Milk ~ Pretzel & Peanut Butter


In 1824, a young Quaker by the name of John Cadbury, opened a shop in Birmingham, UK and began selling tea and coffee.  With innovation he saw a new opportunity arise in cocoa beverages and laid the foundations for the creation of chocolate and then confectionary, as he hand~ground his cocoa with a mortar and pestle in the back of his shop.

As Quakers, John and his family believed tea, coffee and cocoa beverages were a much more enjoyable alternative to alcohol, which was seen to be the cause of poverty and deprivation among the poor and working classes.  Cadbury was once a pioneer in justice, equality, anti~slavery, better housing, saniation and social reform and his chocolate delights have been satisfying taste buds for over 150 years.

John, along with his brother Benjamin and sons, Richard and George, continued to strive for customer excellence while exalting their energies for better living and working conditions amongst the families and animals they met on a daily basis.  With genius such as this, its no wonder that Cadbury Chocolate is adored by millions to this day~!!

Cadbury Dairy Milk ~ Joy Department

When the opportunity arose to check out Cadbury's latest creations, I couldn't apply fast enough.  While I like chocolate, I am very particular on which I eat and Cadbury has always been a favourite of mine.  I just enjoy the creamy smooth texture and the delightful milk chocolate taste.  

There are three new flavours in Cadbury Dairy Milk's "Joy Department" series.  

Honey Roasted Cashews & Hazelnuts
Toasted Coconut and Cashews 
Pretzel and Peanut Butter

Now, while I would've been happy with any of the three to try, however, I didn't have choice and I was kind of learning towards the Pretzel and Peanut Butter version, which is EXACTLY the chocolate bar I received~!  When it arrived, it was a VERY hot day outside and as you can well imagine, it was like chocolate soup inside of the packaging.  Which, I might add, held up and no leakages occurred...I put it in the refrigerator to set again and even though I didn't get to taste it as it should have been, it was still fantastic and very enjoyable.

My oldest son, who is a sweet treat freak, also had a nibble or two and he gave it two thumbs up, he loves peanut and chocolate together and thought the pretzels can it a nice toasty crunch that was delectable to his palate.

If you have the opportunity to check one of these new flavours out, I wouldn't hesitate, I'm on the hunt for the Honey Roasted Cashews & Hazelnuts next~!!  I'm thinking these chocolate bars are going to be REALLY groovy to bake with....hmmmmm~!!

JOIN Cadbury Dairy Milk ~ Canada on FaceBook~!!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo