Do it yourself beauty secretes have been popping up all over the internet and thank goodness! With economic times being tough, and people trying to save every dime, women need to share their tips as often as possible.
One secret that has been shared is how to make your own nail polish. Making nail polish still requires you to purchase a few items, but hopefully you already have some of the items in your makeup bag.
You Will Need:
- Clear nail polish
- Two pieces of paper
- Eye shadow
- Polyester glitter
- Chose an eye shadow color that you would like as a nail polish. The best ones to use are mineral eye shadows that are already in a powder form; however you can use an eye shadow that is a palette form as well.
- Using the toothpick, or another sharp object, scrape off a large amount of eye shadow onto a piece of paper.
- With the other piece of paper, create a small funnel and place the small tip into the clear nail polish.
- Carefully dump your now powdered eye shadow into the funnel, which will filter down into the clear nail polish. The amount of eye shadow depends on how dark or light you want your polish.
- If you have polyester glitter, which can be bought online, add it to your nail polish as well. The amount will vary depending on how much glitter you want in your polish.
- Insert the toothpick into the polish and mix. To help speed up this process, replace nail polish cap tightly, and shake.
- Apply your new nail polish, add more glitter or eye shadow depending on the look you want to achieve, name and share!
This process can also be applied to making your own lip gloss, however it would be best to use an all-natural eye shadow in that case. You don’t want to ingest anything that could cause you to get sick, and cosmetics are usually made with harmful ingredients. You can buy all-natural eye shadows at your local supermarket, or ask for them at your favorite cosmetic store. Also, make sure to use a clear lip gloss that has a wand, so it will be easy to mix and stay true to the eye shadow color.
Do not make nail polish with any other type of glitter, you must use polyester. If you try to use another type of glitter you will notice after a few days the glitter will lose its color and become silver. Because of the chemical properties in nail polish, the only glitter that can hold its true luster quality is polyester.
Do it yourself beauty tips are great. They keep our money in our wallets and help us create customized looks and products that fit our personalities better than anything we can find in the store. If you have a neat do it yourself beaut tip, make sure to share it online for everyone to use!
Author, Gabriella L. encourages you to match your new nail colors to a new bathingsuit from http://www.swimwearplace.com/.