Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Seductive Cuba by Chen Lizra

My Seductive Cuba is a unique travel guide.

Author Chen Lizra takes travel guides to a new level.  This very informative guide will  take you wherever you want to go in Cuba.  She explains the people, the culture, the ambiance and the all that makes Cuba the country it is.

The reader is lead on a journey deep into the soul of Cuba and Cubans alike.  You are shown the mystery of seduction and how to be prepared for it if you intend on traveling to Cuba.  You are given detailed descriptions of the landscapes, the streets and how to prepare yourself for any emergency.

Everything one needs to know about traveling to Cuba is shared including customs, passports, visas, currency, and much more.  You are shown what to pack for each season, opportunities to find the best dance clubs, tips on health care and water, toilets and their filth are explained and how you should always carry the basic essentials with you wherever you travel.

The author explains opportunists and what to stay focused on if accosted by such people.  The different styles of dance are explained and what to expect on any dance floor.  We are also given a glimpse into the history of Cuba, her politics, her heroes and her survival.

The book gives examples through pictures and extra reading suggestions are given as well as, web sites to further investigate your trip to Cuba.  The author has given lists of countries that are eligible to travel to her shores as well as which airlines and travel agencies are best suited for you.  This in-depth guide will give you everything you need to know about traveling to Cuba and where to find more if it doesn't.

I would give this a five out of five stars, as a travel guide it is one of the best I have ever read.  I loved the charm and direction the author wrote with and her explanations of Cuban society was interesting to comprehend.  Chen Lizra created a romantic ambiance within these pages that the reader finds it hard to resist the urge to travel to Cuba and investigate for yourself what Chen is tantalizing you with.

I found the explanations about the culture and the people to be excellent, something you don't find in most travel guides.  Her descriptions go beyond the "cut-and-dry" approach found within most guides.  You are swept up in the prose and can almost feel yourself seductively swaying beside the author as you tour the history found within the boundaries of Cuba.

My mother has had the pleasure to travel to Cuba and is looking forward to her return; she loved the people and experience and I was able to see the correlation between her memories and the words shared by the author.  However, I'm not so sure about the seduction aspect of the Cuban way, I am a Canadian with old-fashioned principles and I am quite shy when it comes to any kind of attention, so I'm sure I'd be blushing a mad storm if I were ever fortunate enough to travel there myself.  Thank you for the tip on that Ms. Lizra, I thought my mother was exaggerating and now I see, she was not!

Even if you are not traveling to Cuba, this book will give you a different outlook on the Cuban people with an honest and invoking approach.  The political myths are explained with clarity and gives the reader a different insight into the embargo between the United States and Cuba.  Thoughtful, informative and witty, My Seductive Cuba is a travel guide you won't want to miss!!

 
** Disclosure: I did not accept any compensation from the sponsors other than review copies, my views are my own, reviewed by me..as I see it~!! **

1 comment:

  1. Website is missing... :) www.myseductivecuba.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo