Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Illusion Of Certainty by Greg Messel

The Illusion Of Certainty is a Romance Drama Fiction.

Marc Wilson is happily married; a CEO of an influential sports fitness company; has two beautiful and loving children; his childhood best friend and family still in his life and a gorgeous wife whom he adores.  Marc believes his life is idyllic until he begins to notice small changes in his wife's behaviour.

Aimee is a nurse who loves competition and being in control.  She works nights as the supervisor at the local hospital, where Marc's best friend, John is a successful surgeon.  John's wife Tina, is a real estate agent and the two couples are inseparable, their children all growing up around each other.

When Marc finds out about Aimee's secret, his world comes crashing down around him and his illusions of life are shattered.  Leaving his hometown and beginning a new job, he begins to pick up the pieces of his life and move on.

After surviving living life from hotels for a few years, Marc is dealt another surprise in life and decides to take a trip to England to look at his life from another perspective.  When he meets Alexandra Mattson, an attorney, who has just lost her fiance, Sean, in a bicycling accident, Marc feels that maybe there could be hope and begins to trust in his future. 

I honestly felt that this wasn't a bad read, it had some interesting human aspects and emotions.  I found the character of Marc to be likeable, if a bit of a wimp when it comes to standing up for himself.  I did not like Aimee and how she destroyed her family; I found her to be extremely narcissistic. 

I felt the parallel story lines between Marc and Alexandra to be confusing, sometimes I didn't realize that the story plots had changed and I had to backtrack.  This often pulled me out of the story in order to understand what the author was trying to portray or describe.

I feel that much of this story was editorial issues which left a blend of poor grammar along with bad punctuation.  As well, there were a few instances were the author told me what was going on in the setting and I like to be able to find my own setting, I like to be "shown" what is in the paragraph and allow my imaginings take over. 

I would give this a three out of five stars, there is potential in author, Greg Messel's work, with some more tightening of his dialogue and descriptives, I am certain we will be able to watch him grow into a renowned author.  This book is about one man's struggle in life just when he thought he had everything going for him.  If you enjoy books where fate gives you a kick, then you will enjoy reading The Illusion of Certainty.

SYNOPSIS:
"The Illusion of Certainty" follows two parallel storylines. Marc is a successful businessman who seems to have everything-a great job, a beautiful wife, a house in an upscale neighborhood of Portland, Oregon and two great kids who are preparing for college. But something is not right. Marc is unsettled by the sudden change in his wife, Aimee, who seems distant and unhappy. What is going on with her? The second storyline involves a successful young attorney Alexandra Mattson. Alex, as she is called by her friends, meets a handsome young cop, Sean, during an unexpected crisis in her neighborhood. Sean and Alex seem made for each other and begin to merge their futures in a world of uncertainty. The only certainty in life is that we will face uncertainty. Despite all of the technology and controls available in the modern world, sometimes the only comfort comes from the human touch.

 
** Disclosure: I did not accept any compensation from the sponsors other than review copies, my views are my own, reviewed by me..as I see it~!! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo