Tuesday, April 10, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: I Didn't Ask To Be Born by Bill Cosby

I Didn't Ask To Be Born (But I'm Glad I Was) is a Literary Comedic look on life by Comedian, Bill Cosby.

  • Hardcover: 208 pages
  • Publisher: Center Street (Nov 1 2011)
  • Language: English
In this hilarious collection of observations, Cosby brings us more of his wonderful and wacky insights into the human condition that are sure to become classics. In the tradition of Fat Albert, I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN offers a host of new characters, including Peanut Armhouse and Old Mother Harold. Not since Mushmouth, Dumb Donald, Bucky and the Cosby Kids has there been such a memorable cast.

Over the past century few entertainers have achieved the legendary status of William H. Cosby Jr. His success spans five decades and virtually all media-remarkable accomplishments for a kid who emerged from humble beginnings in a Philly housing project.

In the tradition of his bestselling books, Fatherhood and Cosbyology, the doctor of comedy holds forth on everything from first love to the Bible. Bill Cosby may not have asked to be born, but we're sure glad he was.

I loved the wit and humour shared within these pages and found my giggling over some of the thoughts and antics of Mr. Cosby.  This book delivers the same punch at jokes as only Bill Cosby can deliver.  I loved his viewpoints on God and death and found myself chuckling over his thoughts more than once.

His veiws on fatherhood and the discipline of his children was shared in such a manner that anyone can relate to his anecdotes.  The story about Peanut Armhouse was a very strange tale but worthy of the read, like Mr. Cosby, to this day I wonder whatever happened to Peanut.

Each of the stories shared from his past are down with great visual representation and you can feel yourself traveling along his trip down memory lane.

I thought this was a very decent read and would give it a four out of five stars.  I would've liked to have seen more comic approach in his words but I was delighted with what was shared nonetheless.  And as always, Bill Cosby gets the last word and you'll need to read more to find out why.

post signature  "Reviewed by me...as I see it~!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo