Monday, April 23, 2012

COMIC REVIEW: Planet Of The Apes Vol. 1 2nd print by Daryl Gregory

Planet Of The Apes - Volume 1

  • Paperback: 112 pages
  • Publisher: BOOM! Studios; Original edition (October 18, 2011)
  • Language: English
Get your hands on these damn dirty Apes! 

Beginning an all new series that takes place before the original 1968 Planet of the Apes movie in the continuity of the first five films. 

Ape society has reached a new golden age. But there are ripples of dissent in both the ape and human ranks. Tensions will rise and soon all will be caught in chaos! And amidst all this uncertainty, what is the fate of...The Lawgiver? 

Written by award-winning novelist Daryl Gregory.  Illustrated by Carlos Magno.


I love The Planet of the Ape series and couldn't wait to get my hands on this comic book.  I was quite pleased to find that it was an enjoyable read with enough dedication to the storyline that a diehard fan will not find themselves too upset with the plot's enhancement to the overall story.

The details in the illustrations make for an impressive display of the author's thoughts, though I wasn't all that impressed with the overall depictions of the Apes themselves.  I found them to be cartoonish and somewhat unbelievable in their depictions.  However, the backgrounds and humans are wonderfully created and the overall quality is remarkable.

I loved that the comics are designed to take you back before the movies we have come to know and enjoy.  Giving the reader another outlook on what occurred during the time that led up to them.  I felt they did the original works justice in their capacity to draw you into the pages where your imagination is finally shared.

I thought the dialogue was well placed through out the pages.  It was easy to follow and immerse yourself into the narrative and I would give The Planet of the Apes Vol. 1 a four out of five stars.  I shared the comic with others who also shared the same expressions as I did about the dialogue and character depictions.  Great effort and looking forward to ingesting more from Boom! Studios.


post signature**  Reviewed by me...as I see it~!!  **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo