Monday, June 18, 2012

Wedding Cupcake Ideas

Image from Murnahan

When I think about my forthcoming wedding, I get a bit nervous; my heart pounds faster and my brain goes into overdrive!  I guess it’s a normal mix of feelings between excitement and stress!  

I still have so much to organise, but, today I’ve decided to focus on the positive and fun side... cake!

Since I began living in Britain I’ve discovered those beautiful scrumptious cupcakes all in different flavours and colours, it’s just a guilty pleasure I can’t resist!

I’ve come to a conclusion and I think I’ll be having cupcakes for the reception. I’ll break the traditional French rules of brioche and flans with British fairy cakes!

However, I still have to decide which cupcakes to choose? First let’s start with the basics...

How to make plain cupcakes
This recipe will be the base for most cupcakes...before you start panicking - trust me it’s a piece of cake!

To start – In a bowl add 50g of softened butter , 250g of caster sugar, 250g of self-raising flour, a pinch of salt, 4 medium free-range eggs, 4 tablespoons of milk and mix together until you get a smooth mixture.

Next grab a muffin tin, and pour your lovely mix into the holes lined with paper cases. Bake for about 15 minutes (with the oven set to 190°C).

After removing them from the oven, leave those lovely gems cooling down before decorating.

Time to get creative
There are tons of flavour variations: vanilla butter cream, lemon zests, coco kick, romantic rose water or even cheeky coffee. I’ve just selected a few of my favs that I could demolish without stopping for a breath!

Turquoise Douceur

Image from Belisacup

I fell in love with these ones as there are just so pretty. Each cupcake can be decorated with a swirl of delicious vanilla butter cream frosting. All you need to do is fill up a piping bag with a butter cream mix and vanilla extract in order to get a lovely little peak. The toppings are pretty simple too, a tasteful selection of edible blue flowers with some edible silver glitter stars!

Add a silky turquoise ribbon at the base for a touch of style. You can find tons of cake decorations and plenty more party supplies uk online!

Chocolate Temptation
As a chocolate addict, the dark chocolate cupcakes are definitely one of my top 3 favourites!  
All you’ll need to do is add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder into the original mix, and then spread a layer of chocolate espresso ganache with vanilla butter cream icing. Sprinkle espresso grounds and a decorate with a thin slice of dark chocolate.  A few mint leaves would also combine beautifully with the bitterness of the chocolate and the exotic vanilla.      
         
Purple Velvet 

Image from Catbeurnier

Lavender is such an amazing smell that reminds me of my childhood holidays in Provence therefore I have picked these beautiful Purple Velvet cupcakes as another one of my favourites. The harmonious mix of lavender butter cream and earl grey flavoured cupcake is the ultimate combo for any romantic wedding!

What do you think about my choices?  Do you have any of your own?

Elise Lévêque is a bubbly lucky bride-to-be who left her beloved Paris after falling for the quirkiness of Great Britain... and a Geordie lad! Always full of beans, she is a keen blogger for Wedding & Party Store and is well known for throwing the most eccentric parties in town.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo