July Is National Hot Dog Month
Celebrate America’s Birthday with Hot Dogs and America’s #1 Mustard!
Did you know that hot dogs and mustard were BOTH introduced in 1904 at the St. Louis Worlds Fair~??
Ever since that time, hot dogs along with Mustard have been an integral part of American's family summer celebrations ~ from ballgames and backyard barbeques to picnics and state fairs. In 1915, French's Mustard made baseball a permanent part of its heritage by incorporating its name into the iconic red pennant we know today.
So as you gather your family and friends to mark America's birthday, remember that July is National Hot Dog Month, you can also try some recipes that offer a twist on the traditional hot dog by visiting www.frenchs.com.
Check out these groovy facts and figures and see how much you and your friends really know about the classic summer refreshment.
Fun Facts about Hot Dogs and Mustard:
1. 2.3 billion hot dogs are consumed during National Hot Dog Month which occurs in July.
2. During hot dog season, from Memorial Day to Labour Day, 7 billion hot dogs are consumed which translates to 818 hot dogs every second.
3. Mustard is the number one hot dog topping in America.
4. On July 4th, Americans will enjoy 155 million hot dogs ~ enough to stretch from D.C. to L.A. over five times.
5. Every years, Americans eat an average 60 hot dogs each.
6. Classic Yellow Mustard is 100% natural with zero calories, making it one of the healthiest condiments available.
1839 ~ Baseball is invented by Abner Doubleday
1903 ~ The inaugural World Series between the National League (formed in 1876) and the American League (formed in 1900) champs.
1904 ~ French's Cream Salad (yellow) Mustard introduced at the St. Louis World's Fair.
1915 ~ French's Pennant became the brand's official logo.
1926 ~ Reckitt and Coleman purchased RT French Company.
2000 ~ Reckitt and Coleman changed its name to Reckitt Benckiser, the current parent company of French's Mustard.
2004 ~ French's celebrates 100th Anniversary of Classic Yellow Mustard.
2010 ~ Today French's Mustard offers Spicy Brown, Honey, Honey Dijon and Horseradish flavours in addition to its Classic Yellow Mustard and new Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.