Friday, January 7, 2011

Freak Fun Friday #2~!!

Did You Know That Turtles Can Breath Thru Their Butts??
 It's true~!!!  
Turtles have an exo-skeleton...which basically means, their ribs and spine are fused together with their carapace and stomach.  Most species have a flexible neck that allows it to "kink" itself inside their shell when feeling threatened.
Turtles have groovy anaerobic abilities which allow them to survive long periods of time with very little oxygen.  Although they have lungs, they also have an air sac attached to the cloaca opening at their rear ends that allows them to store oxygen in~!


So...the next time you hear..."Go blow it out your butt!"
Know that some turtle has already done it before you~!

8 comments:

  1. Ha! So interesting! I so hope this pops up in my next game of Trivial Pursuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm storing something in my butt region and I'm pretty sure its not air but fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those tidbits which is sure to stay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! Learn something new everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird! Thanks for visiting me. Now I'm following you.

    Enjoy the weekend! :)
    Alison
    http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol that's hilarious! Thanks for following! I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm fairly certain I can find a way to bring that up in conversation today!

    Thanks for swinging by my blog!
    Excited to follow all your adventures now, too.

    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! It gave me a laugh for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo