Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Absolute Obsession by C. Elizabeth

Absolute Obsession is a Romantic Drama.

Rose Gerbaldi obsesses about certain aspects of her life and when this occurs she cannot think about anything else.  After reading a book she becomes obsessed with the main character and believes that they are meant to fall madly in love.

Rose's husband, Jim is very accepting of his wife's behaviour.  He accepts when she zones out and leaves her loved ones behind until she can wrap up her obsessive feelings and move on with her life.

After Jim encourages Rose to watch the movie version of the book she is obsessed about, Rose writes the actor and tells him that he is a great actor and not just a pretty face.  Drawn to her words, Michael Terrance calls Rose and the two begin a friendship.

Rose, who is absolutely wrapped up into this love story that is appearing before her must decide what is reality and what is make believe.  She must come to realize her inner self in order to choose the right decision for her future.

This was an okay read, I thought the plight of Rose was a believable in that many people suffer from such thoughts and mental instabilities.  Her thought ramblings were often interesting and her depth of realization of how wrong her actions were was equally enjoyable to read.

I found that the back story characters didn't get enough play in the story.  I'm not sure if the author had meant to have the main characters appear as the main attraction but I would've loved to have seen some more insight from her friends and family.  To me, it felt like they were only in the book to serve Rose and Michael's plight.

I really felt for the husband, Jim, I don't know how he managed to suffer his wife's mental infidelities.  I found him to be a reasonable and encouraging spouse who truly didn't deserve to be ignored by his wife.

I found the ending to be predictable and I would've loved to have seen Rose gain insight through her friends and family instead of her own accord.  It was almost like her loved ones were always secondary in her life and as long as Rose was happy...

I would give Absolute Obsession a three out of five stars.  I didn't find much drama involved, other than Rose's mental machinations and I found the romance to be unbearable, as I could not condone Rose's thoughts about other men while she has a perfectly wonderful husband at home.  However, if you like a light romance without much drama that can be easily read in one afternoon, then you will enjoy this.


SYNOPSIS:
Triggering an intervention of fate, 42 year old Rose Gerbaldi, discovers her heart and soul has been forever united with beautiful, 30 year old, British movie star, Michael Terrance. A discovery that compels her reality to firmly reclaim her – consequently devastating the very lives fate had so lovingly entwined.

Forsaken by a woman he’s never met, unable to control the debilitating agony, Michael seeks solace on the darker side of Hollywood. Meanwhile in Western Canada, having been doubly devastated, Rose relinquishes to a life of loneliness. Both are certain they’ll never again find that for which they long for – each other.

Foolish people – fate is infallible.


 ** Disclosure: I did not accept any compensation from the sponsors other than review copies, my views are my own, reviewed by me..as I see it~!! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo