Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Do You Use To Help Your Body? by Jewel Kats

SYNOPSIS:
Who are the people with disabilities in your neighborhood? Maggie and Momma love going for walks. During every outing, Maggie learns about something new. Today's no different! Momma has arranged for Maggie to meet lots of people in her neighborhood. They all have different jobs. They all come from different cultures. They all use different things to help their bodies. Maggie doesn't just stop to chit-chat. Rather, she gets to the bottom of things. By asking the right question, she discovers how many people with disabilities use aids to help them out. Let's find out how they work, too!

Read my FULL review at:

** Disclosure: I did not accept any compensation from the sponsors other than review copies, my views are my own, reviewed by me..as I see it~!! ** 

1 comment:

  1. As a middle school teacher in a large urban building, I see many children with various disabilities. Kids with wheelchairs last year have progressed to a walker. Students who required aides to carry their books in 6th grade are now hauling their "stuff" like the other 8th graders. I wear my "jewelry" each day when Fred brings his classroom amplification device to me. I love it when he forgets it at the end of the class because we have our own secret agent conversation as I call for him quietly into the mic like any good spy until we meet in the stairway, both of use giggling. It is easy for kids to see the "helping devices" used by some kids. The disabilities of others are far more hidden from students, teachers, and sometimes parents too. It is hard to always find the right tool to assist our kids. One thing I can use to help is knowledge. Peers need to understand how the kids need the things they use. Thanks for writing your story. I will use it this afternoon.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo