Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spotlight - L.L. Reaper author of Black Widow and the Sandman

Join LL Reaper, author of the thriller suspense novel, Black Widow and the Sandman (Hourglass Unlimited), as she virtually tours the blogosphere June 20 – August 12 2011 on her first virtual book tour with Pump Up Your Book!

Children in Cuba are suffering an agonizing death. The cause, a toxin released by a terrorist organization hell bent on genocide. The scientific community is at a loss, and the Cuban government can no longer hide the truth from its citizens. Cuba’s only chance lies in the capable hands of a reclusive scientist from the country they believe is behind this terrorist attack, the United States of America.

Roman “The Sandman ” Tate is the most sought after mercenary in the world. When he is ordered to protect scientist Jeanette “Black Widow ” Mason, he finds she is much more than scientific equations. The two join forces to create an antidote and stop those responsible for the mysterious illness before more children die and Cuba follows through on its promise to retaliate.

Why Write?
By L.L. Reaper

Have you ever played the game Populous or Sin City? Come on. Admit it. We all have a little omnificent one within us. I’m serious. Think about it if you could create your own world with your own rules. What would it look like? World building is just one of the joys of fiction writing. Each world I build is unique. Am I writing romance, thrillers, suspense, sci-fi? In my novel Black Widow and the Sandman, I created a suspense filled world of international intrigue.

I don’t care how much some fiction authors deny it, the worlds we create contain pieces of us. Whether that piece be part of a fantasy we’ve always wanted to live, infusing characters with traits we contain or wish we contained, or even the longing to venture into foreign lands, the author is part of the book.

For example, Roman “The Sandman” Tate. I have always admired United States military elite such as Special Forces and Navy Seals, so I created a character where I could, in some way, be a member of an elite organization that kicks serious butt and takes names later. Don’t laugh, but a month or so ago when Osama Bin Laden was taken down, you know my character Roman was burning my ear saying write him into the action. As an author I often draw from reality to enhance my characters. Readers are the same way. Come on, you know there have been times when you identify with a character and place yourself in that role.

If your readers hate, love, cheer for or root against your characters, you have done your job. In Black Widow and the Sandman, I went a step further than many suspense novels go. Instead of two dimensional characters, I wrote well rounded characters with depth.  I was taking a chance, but from what I’ve heard, it came out well. You’re probably saying, “Aren’t you supposed to write well rounded characters?” Yes and no. Well rounded depends on the genre. I know the rules of the genres I write and at times step over the line, but I still maintain the integrity of the genre. At least I try to.

Enough about me. I teach writing workshops and always try to leave a little nugget for aspiring authors. No matter what your genre you write, learn the ins, outs and upside downs of the genre. Know the rules, when and how you can break them and the possible consequences. Go all out in your writing and keep reading. Don’t be afraid to go outside your comfort zone. You’ll be surprised at what you can conjure up once you get started.

 About L.L. Reaper
L.L. Reaper is two multi-published, award-winning authors who decided to write under a pen name for their dangerously sexy suspense series, Black Widow and the Sandman. You can visit their website at www.llreaper.com or connect with them at Twitter at www.twitter.com/llreaper and Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuthorLLReaper.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us some love...and have yourself a groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo